Odyssey Solid Pin Key Chain
This is a NEW Odyssey Key chain in the Solid Pin Version. It is a 1/2" x 1/8" x 81L chain. This chain has the following features:
1. Oversize Pins: Traditional chain pins are 3mm in diameter. The Key Chain’s are 5mm, and this has the solid pin assembly. These oversized pins are 4-times stronger than traditional pins, and the chances of bending one are essentially zero. The 5mm riveted pins provide added strength, but they also provide a bigger contact surface with the chain’s plates, which makes them harder to push out or bend. The hollow pin assembly, by design, allows for a stronger rivet connection to form during manufacturing, resulting in a stronger chain overall.
2. Thicker, Lower Profile Side Plates: Each plate has a low profile and an extra narrow waist that makes it harder to catch the plates at unwanted times. At 1.4mm, the plates are substantially thicker than the plates of any other chain, and they’re also more than 50% harder to bend than the thickest existing 1.2mm chain plates too.
3. Unique Master and Half Links with Threaded Pins: Users can break and re-join the chain with just a 3mm hex key. The chain’s half link plates are taller at the bends to both increase stiffness and minimize stretch. Since the use of a chain breaker to re-join the chain has been eliminated, the pins can retain their original level of tightness from the factory. Also, carrying a spare master link and 3mm allen key in most cases is enough to repair the Key Chain when riding, so lugging around a chain tool is usually unnecessary.
4. Low Overall Weight: By using material as efficiently as possible we have strengthened every component of the chain and kept the weight in the same range as our Bluebird chain.
5. Low Stretch: Stretching of the chain is minimized by using a standard alternating plate pattern and limiting the chain to a single, beefed up half link. This configuration maximizes the lifespan of the sprocket and driver.
Check out my store and other items for more great bike stuff!
Frequency G Tire Chase Gouin's signature tire. Predictable during tight turns and made to roll smooth at high speeds. Horizontal tread grooves provide shoe traction only when you need them...
Haro LaMesa Skinwall Tire This is one new Haro LaMesa Black w/ Teal Sidewall tire, size 20 x 2.40. This tire will only fit 20" (406mm) rims. It is rated for 65psi and has a Wire Bead. Note: We ship...
$ 9.99 $ 18.99
The folks at Deco have chosen to learn from the past and roll the clock back to the beginning with the Deco PC Pedal. Filled with chromoly axle goodness and loaded with the...
The Stolen Mob cranks are tubular chromoly with a 19 mm, 8 spline heat-treated spindle.This crank is right hand drive. The set includes arms, spindle and bolts only. You will need a...